Thursday, November 8, 2007

MRI Results (well sorta)

Malia had her MRI done Monday. Her Doctor’s assistant called me today
(her doctor wasn’t in today) She told me that the radiologist who read the film said that it looks as if Malia had a “Torch Infection” in utero and that “Her brain took a hit” meaning that she had a stroke in utero, most likely from a high fever that her mother had.
I was told a torch infection means that her mother had an infection and that could mean anything form a urinary tract infection to herpes to German Measles.
Its her right front cerebral hemisphere that is damaged. So, the part of the brain that handles speech is not effected. Her Doctor is going to call me as soon as he comes back but I don’t know when that is. He wasn’t even going to take Malia as a patient because he is retiring at the end of this year but when he found out she was adopted he changed his mind for some reason. He was a very highly recommend pediatric neurologist that works out of Penn State University (Hershey) Hospital. I don’t know what we are going to do after December or who is going to take his place yet. Here are some random pictures........





No comments: