Monday, September 10, 2007

This is a totally different girl here.............

Well, as you may have been able to tell Malia has opened WAY up now. She is a happy go lucky girl. She is always in a good mood and smiles and carries on like crazy. In fact we had our 30 day home visit and our agent said that Malia is the most adjusted child she has seen within the 30 day period. Wow, if you would have told me this would happen while we were in China, I would have told you that your nuts !!
As most of you know the first few days we had her were very difficult for all of us. She was shut down totally for the first 4 days. We were starting to think that she had some major brain damage, and yes, we would have still brought her home. I knew she would grieve and such but just did not expect a total shut down for that amount of time and didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. I still don't think it was grieving but rather a "I just don't want to deal with this" type thing. I'm just amazed at the child we have now and there is no doubt in my mind that she was meant for us and we were meant for her. She is so much everything I ever dreamed of. And her daddy is sooooooooo in love and smitten with her, as she is with him. They play almost every second they are together.


No comments: